A report containing the results of the CDC’s testing of BSR Cable Park’s water for N. fowleri was released today by Waco-McLennan County Public Health District. The report states that although the N. fowleri itself was not detected in the Surf Resort (wave pool), it was identified in the Cable Park. The report also states, “A jersey/” title=”View all articles about New Jersey here”>New Jersey resident who had visited BSR this summer died after contracting the disease.
Nearly two weeks ago BSR Surf Resort in Waco, Texas closed its doors while the Center for Disease Control tested for Naegleria Fowleri, aka “The Brain-eating Amoeba. ” The tests were sparked by jersey/” title=”View all articles about New Jersey here”>New Jersey surfer Fabrizio Stabile’s death from the extremely rare amoeba after visiting the park.
Read more here: Surfer Mag